Mother’s Name: Kaitlin
How has motherhood changed you as a woman?
– Motherhood has taught me to be much more present. It is really easy to always be messing around on my phone or watching TV (or trying to do both at the same time!) but my daughter has showed me I need to put those things away and and enjoy every moment we have together.
Tell us a little about your family?
– My husband and I work full time so when we are home from work, we focus our time on each other and our daughter. We work on keeping our lives as stress free as possible and take as many evening walks to catch the sunset together as we can.
What is one family tradition you have raised your children with?
– We always eat dinner together! Both my husband and I grew up sitting together with our families having dinner every night and we do the same with our daughter. It is a great opportunity to talk about our day, share our feelings and laugh together.
Favorite family vacation?
– We live at the beach so we haven’t ventured too far on vacation yet : )
What advice would you give new mothers about raising children?
– Be patient. Whether the a baby is waking up five times a night [my daughter did this until she was almost 10 months old] or waking up at 5am ready to play, a little bit of patience can go a long way.
What are your beauty must-haves as a mom?
– I don’t spend too much time on beauty but if I am running late, always make sure I have some lip gloss and a big pair of sunglasses.
Words about your photographer?
We love Alyssa! She has been taking photos of our daughter since she was just weeks old and has always made us all feel so comfortable. The first time we met, I was a little camera shy but Alyssa made me feel very comfortable (which wasn’t an easy task as I was eight months pregnant and not feeling photogenic!) When it came time to take photos of our newborn, Alyssa was very calm (even with a crying baby) and patient (we took several “feed” breaks) and my husband and I felt very comfortable with Alyssa posing and holding our baby in our home. Now our daughter is one and a half (and hardly sits still) but Alyssa still captures the best moments. She has a great eye, is so patient, and is really creative.
Family Beach Photography Captured by Alyssa Stefek Photography
Hi there! My name is Alyssa and I live in Pasadena with my fiancé and our dalmatian fur-baby, Sadie. I love photographing kids – they are my absolute favorite kind of sessions. Each milestone goes by so quickly and you are going to want to remember each and every one of them. I love being there to catch all those precious moments from the tiny little toothless grins to your child’s 1st birthday to big family bear hugs. Your photo session is all about having fun and letting me capture a lifetime of memories. Although I am based in Pasadena, I am excited and ready to travel all over the San Gabriel Valley to meet you and your fabulous kids!