creamy and flavorful this soup can warm you on a chilly day and comes together in a snap for busy evenings.
- recipe by me
- 5 medium to large yukon gold potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tub knorr homestyle chicken stock
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- kosher salt to taste (i did about a teaspoon)
- pepper to taste
- 6 sliced cooked bacon (we bake ours in the oven at 425. trust, it’s better in the oven)
- extra sharp tillamook cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- extra honey for drizzling
- heat a large stock pot, filled with water, to medium-high. add the potatoes and cook until just tender. drain the potatoes, and peel off the skins. i left a few pieces on, but you don’t have to.
- chop the potatoes into 1/2″ pieces and set aside. take 3/4 of the potatoes and mash them. add them back in with the potatoes.
READ MORE HERE
“Carrian is the writer and photographer of ohsweetbasil.com, a food blog all about reinventing family dinner with great classic recipes that were a favorite around your family table as well as new creations. Carrian grew up in Vancouver Washington and now resides in Utah with her husband, 2 girls and baby boy on the way!”