A couple months ago we held an editorial photo shoot for our magazine featuring our editor pick diaper bags, I had the inclination to bring together our models from the shoot to celebrate the launch of the magazine and to thank them for being a part of it, with a homemade brunch. This was one of those ideas that sounded really good at the time of inception but resulted in a bit of a panic once I thought about all the details. Luckily for me, our editorial photographer Kate of Kate Laraine Photography happens to be extremely talented at planning and styling simplistic parties.
Thank you again to our beautiful mommy models, we are so blessed with a talented community of women who help make Beauty & Lifestyle Mommy Magazine editorials perfect!
Best Tips to Successfully hosting a Brunch
- Choose a mix of sweet & savory bagels, croissants, and muffins.
- Select muffin recipes that can be prepared the night before.
- Grocery shop with an organized list! Divide your list by section– produce, meat/dairy, aisles, & freezer and then add ingredients to the list, recipe by recipe, so you’re sure that everything is listed.
- Opt for bakery-made bagels and croissants. They’re perfect for large groups, plus you don’t have to cook!
- Use beautiful small salad plates, the perfect size for breakfast bites. Our marble Jay Imports plates can be found here
- Arrange the spread with what you have the most of (fruits) to what you have the least of (bread & muffins). That way, your guests will fill up their plate with your most bountiful dish, leaving just a bit of room for what you might be scant in.
- Drink selection should include 1) water, 2) coffee, 3) some sort of brunch libation. We chose to go with mimosas with three types of juice– peach, orange & grapefruit– and our bubbly sponsor was Zonin Prosecco, a very well-balanced wine, with the extremely delicate almond note that is typical of Prosecco.
Wood Table: Three Tree Co
Wood Fruit Plater: Three Tree Co
Bubble Bar Side Table: Three Tree Co
Candle Sticks: Amazon
Florals: Ivory & Beau
Water Glasses: Antique Store
Champagne Glasses: Target
Marble Plates: Jay Imports
Gold Flatware: Target
Fruits and Juices: Publix
Prosecco: Zonin Prosecco
Bagels and Croissants: Dunkin Donuts
***IMAGES BY KARE LARAINE
For Beauty & Lifestyle Mommy***