Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I’m always looking for crafts to do with my kids during the Holidays. And it seems I am ALWAYS on Pinterest (who isn’t right?!) I saw an adorable DIY for birthday tassel garland, so I changed it to have traditional Christmas colors. This was something my daughter and I could do together.
Materials: color of yarn, a cardboard piece (twice as long as you want your tassels to be when finished), scissors, ribbon or bead string (as long as you’d like your garland to be.
1.Start by wrapping your yarn around the cardboard about twenty times.
2. Next, take a length of yarn and tie in the middle of your wrap on BOTH SIDES of the cardboard.
3. Cut the yard at the top and bottom of the wrap.
This should give you two tassels.
4. Then take another length of yarn, pull the tassel tight and tie at the tops to combine the tassel. Double knot.
5. To make a tri-color tassel I took all 3 of my colors and wrapped them at the same time. Then repeated step 1-4.
6. Lastly, we tied the tassels to the bead string. This project took about 30 minutes-1 hour.